Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The rewards of teaching


            


The rewards of teaching, at least for me is not found in the explanation or contribution to a students arsenal of techniques. Or the joy of watching them open their bundles.  The real joy for me is to see what the students go on to create and how they feel a month after their workshop.

In Sept I taught a basic Eco print workshop.  The students were thrilled and excited with their new found knowledge.  This past week I was able to meet with those who participated to see their samples once dried and pressed.  I was able to speak with them about how they enjoyed learning.  Each an everyone returned for a brief meeting and they were ready to do more.

One student, Arlene printed the following pieces after the workshop.  I love what she created.





I too have done some printing as well.  Below is a raw silk shirt that was printed a few days ago.  I do love wearing this shirt!




1 comment: